Monday 8 September 2014

Geometric Monochrome

I know it's time for transitioning into AW14 and all, but the weather's still pretty warm and I've only recently really just bought this dress in the Boohoo sale, so why shoo summer away so soon? Oh, and besides, there's nothing more autumn/winter than a bit of monochrome, right?

-

Admittedly, I'm not the biggest wearer of dresses, but when I spotted this one at such a good price in the boohoo sale, I simply could not resist. Anything monochrome can really be worn all year round making this great for layering in the up and coming autumn months where I'll probably be teaming it with a chunky knits and ankle boots. I'm also quite liking the whole retro/70s look coming back around, so I think this geometric shift dress is pretty fitting.


By teaming this with my plain black kimono and white caged sandals, I tried to maintain the moody monochrome look. Call me slow, but I can't believe I only purchased my first kimono a couple of weeks ago - the things I've been missing out on! They're so cool to wear in hot weather and just perfect for covering up your shoulders and adding a more elegantly floaty feel.

Dress - Boohoo
Kimono - Boohoo
Shoes - New Look

Have you picked up any bargains in the end of summer sales?


No comments:

Post a Comment