Sunday 27 July 2014

Blooming Aztec Clash

Summer is well and truly underway here in the UK (hooray!) - and I am absolutely loving it - so I thought 'd share with you one of my favourite summer outfits that I am wearing at the moment.


I am absolutely loving the throwback of the skort this season, along with my slight (okay, major) obsession with floral print of course, so when I found this one there really was no going back. They're so practical and actually super comfy to wear too. The small print flowers makes the design appear a whole lot more dainty and delicate and I love the intricate multi-blue and purple pallet used. The design is pretty busy, but I think that the small colour scale does tone it down a fair bit, adding some subtlety to the pattern.

 

This roll back sleeve lace tee is literally perfect for this time of year. The box style means it hangs loosely, whilst the lace design keeps it light and cool to wear in our current heat. I'm still a sucker for aztec print - I just love the orderly patterns and defined geometric shapes - but the white lace keeps the pattern subtle and less in-your-face, making it perfect for teaming with busy patterned bottoms, like the skort. I tend to wear a blue bralet in underneath as the lace does mean that it's fairly see-through, but it also adds a colour block behind the colourless tee - bonus!


I love the way that the clash of the two patterns work together, simply because of the colourless patterned tee and I like to wear this outfit for both casual daytime wear and an evening out!





For an evening out, I usually team this skort and tee combo with my white caged sandals. They do have a chunky heel (yay for height!), yet they're still surprisingly comfortable! They do prove to be difficult in keeping snow white, but I find that a makeup wipe cleans them perfectly well. As an alternative, I do like to wear my pale pink jellies, which are fab for days at the beach.





Floral skort - New Look
Aztec print tee - New Look (Generation 915)
Caged chunky block heeled sandals - New Look

No comments:

Post a Comment