Thursday 8 August 2013

Neon Pink, Black and Zigzags

Apologies for the lack of blogging recently, just as I got into the habit of posting once a week I went on holiday to Majorca and haven't posted for two weeks - typical! Of course though, with the beautiful scenic beach location, I did take the opportunity to snap some pictures for a couple of outfit posts. So here's a post on one of my favourite dresses which I wore one evening for a stroll around the town after the delicious dinner at the hotel.


I brought this dress a week or two prior to our holiday, so this was in fact, its first outing. Being one of my favourite trends this season, I absolutely love this aztec zigzag print. I think the factor that shaped my decision to buy this dress was how the brightness of the neon zigzags intervenes with the otherwise monochrome effect, creating a more modern twist. I like how the cap sleeves add more of a casual tone, yet the bodycon style fashions a dress for more occasional wear of a smart casual social event.

I decided to team this dress with my polka-dot monochrome cross body bag which is the perfect size when all you need to take is your phone and purse! I also thought that it brought out the monochrome side to the dress, therefore creating more rivalry against the bursting colour of the neon pink. I chose to wear my salmon pink wedges in order to give me more height as well as the fact that I thought the colour complemented the pink in the dress. I also wore my daisy hair chain in order to soften the look from the harsh effect of the aztec print pattern.











Salmon Pink Wedges - Newlook
Daisy Hair Chain - Claires Accessories
Polka-dot Cross Boddy Bag - New Look
Chunky Bead Bracelet - New Look

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my post for all the details and your questions :)
    Poppy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so adorable! You also made me crave the beach!
    Jennifer
    Nature With Nurture

    ReplyDelete