Wednesday 10 July 2013

White Lace


For this post, I thought I'd share with you what I wore to my school's presentation evening. As I opened the invitation and read over the words "smart dress code - no jeans", you can probably imagine my rush of enthusiasm to replace my usual casual wear to a 'smarter outfit' for the evening. Though my next thoughts were of course "what am I going to wear?"

Being a huge fan of this years crop top trend, when I caught sight of this classic feminine lace tee, I just had to buy it! The majority of crop tops on the highstreet, I find to be for more of a casual-beach wear kind of occasion, but this timeless full lace effect pivots this number into a more classy, elegant affair. I love how the back of the tee lacks in lining, allowing the pattern of the vintage style lace to dominate attention as the white contrasts against the skin, declaring the design of the lace to be identified from a distance. As for my choice of colour, after reading and identifying white as an ample SS13 colour trend, I declared that my wardrobe could not miss out on homing a garment of a colour so pure, yet brave.

Typically, as soon as I tried on this top, I knew exactly what I would match it with to create an elegant chick feel. I wasn't quite feeling courageous enough to aim for the full 'pure white' trend, so I decided to elect for a skirt with a splash more colour and pattern to add a segment of excitement to the outfit. 

I've had this skater skirt in my possession for a year or so now and usually team it with a plain, yet coloured vest for casual day wear, so I liked the idea of a change from it's usual appearance. It's highwaisted nature meant that the top of the skirt grazed against the bottom of the tee, ensuring that no skin was shown, for a classy, appropriate and opulent effect. I opted for pink wedges to give me some more height as well as to add a factor of sophistication to the outfit. Accessory wise, I chose to wear a dainty chain necklace, as I didn't want anything too chunky as I did not want to exaggerate the outfit anymore. I chose to overlook any bracelets, as the ones I had put on earlier had caught in the lace, so I decided to play it safe and not cause any hitches.











4 comments:

  1. I love the lace top, I am currently on the look for a lace skirt :)

    Mintyessence

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they do quite a few in different colours in Topshop :) xx

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit. I love teaming crop tops with skirts like yours x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete