Tuesday 23 July 2013

Topshop Top Picks

After all of this beautiful weather we've been having, you can picture my disappointment when I drew back the curtains this morning to a sky impregnated with clouds, suppressing the glorious sun. Of course, my summer wardrobe doesn't know what's hit it recently, I can't even remember the last time I wore a pair or jeans or long sleeves; I just hope the presence of the lurking storm clouds won't home themselves here! So since the sun doesn't look like it will be making an appearance anytime soon today, I thought, what a perfect blogging occasion!
After roaming the Topshop website, I instantly fell for many a pieces of clothing as per usual, so I decided to choose a couple of my favourites for my first Top Picks post.


I love how the top and skirt of this dress are partitioned by the blue band belt to create a softer contrast between the elegance of the lace and the harsher toning of the colour block pleated skirt. As the colours of this garment are both heavier and darker, I would be more likely to wear this dress during winter with a pair of black heeled wedge ankle boots and a black biker jacket. However, if I were to wear this throughout the summer months, I would team it with a pair of nude heels whilst accessorizing with a coordinating nude hair bow.

Being a huge lover of the popular Topshop lace trim ankle socks, I wasn't too surprised that these adorable pom pom socks would feature in this post. By acting as a companion to how I style lace trim socks, I would wear these with Vans and Converse for a casual, everyday look. I would love to try out these socks with an otherwise unconditional monochrome outfit, as the nature of the black and white would adapt socks, converting them into appearing as subtle, despite the heavy tone of black, allowing the tiny amount of colour of the pom poms to attract all attention.

I am yet to own one of these cami's, they are simply wonderful! Similarly to a fair lot of Topshop's clothing, these camis range in many-a-colours, my favourite being this pastel blue, as the pale colouring would comply with any pattern and the majority of much brighter colours. During the day, for a more casual, toned down look, I'd team this cami with a pair of patterned denim shorts or skinny jeans. A pair printed with bold green stripes springs to mind! However, for a smarter look, I would team with a patterned maxi or tube skirt, perhaps one of a floral attire, to create a more dignified look. I would also add a flower crown to construct a more fantasy-like look.

I've been absolutely loving these moto shorts for a while now, they just appear so beauteous and fairy-like. I'm a big fan of tie dye, and lace effect is my absolute favourite above all trends this season, as it adds so much daintiness and femininity to the garment. I would definitely team this with the above blue strappy cami, some lace trim Topshop socks and a flower crown to result in adding to the fairy-like look, in addition to a pair Vans in order to harden up the look without doing so too much.

Funnily enough, I'm currently sat typing this in the pale blue version of this top, exactly the same in fact, and I love it! This pale pink identic is absolutely adorable and I'm still loving the timeless lace theme going on this summer. I would team this top in the equivalent way to my blue one which includes either skinny Jeans or a plain tube skirt. To construct a more casual tone, I would style with Converse or Vans, yet for a more sophisticated appearance, I would style with coloured wedges.

This floral print tube skirt appears to be absolutely spot on for a summer night's party, especially in this weather! I love how the almost random bursts of pink and blue creates an almost hectic scene to depict the perfect party piece. To portray the party look, I would definitely team this skirt with a plain, loose fitting crop top, most likely in black, to comply with the black splashes of colour representing the floral side to this number. I would then team this with either pink or blue wedges to correspond with the outbursts of colour in the piece.

What do you like these items of clothing? How would you style them?

No comments:

Post a Comment